Saturday, September 1, 2012

Trees....how do I say...

Trees


how do I say
"I'm sorry"

for abandoning you
to another's aesthetic
another's opinion
of your value
in the grand scheme
how to atone
for making your
mass demise
certain
at his hands
I cherished you
and hoped
I'd passed that on
to one whose
 
assurances
 
seemed as rooted
 
as you were then
but something
 
hovering
 
just below
 
the surface
should have told me
all I needed to know
when I signed
your fates
over to him
him
who thought you all
dispensible
do I seek out
others of your kind
in wilder spots
where the chances
of such a one intruding
are slim
where your kind
would uproot themselves
to wage war
against the
saw
against progress
against others
like him
mea culpa
a billion times over
for as many leaves
as have sustained me
or rustlings that
spoke to me
soothed me
moved me forward
through dark places
and whom I ever
thought
I could
leave





 

No comments:

Post a Comment